Here’s how to delete your Facebook account from a smartphone or computer. We also detail the procedure for deactivating your Facebook account.
Let’s see together how to delete your Facebook account. Even if the social network founded by Mark Zuckerberg has more than two billion users, several people regularly express their desire to leave the platform. Here is a tutorial to help you with this process.
We will first see how to permanently delete your Facebook account, then if you want a less drastic solution, how to deactivate your Facebook account. For Instagram, it’s here.
How to permanently delete your Facebook account
Below, we will detail the best way to delete your account from a computer and from a smartphone. Also remember to download your data beforehand.
Permanently delete your Facebook account from a smartphone
- Open the Facebook app
- Click the three-bar icon in the top right
- Scroll to Settings and Privacy and open this menu
- Then select Settings
- Search Account Ownership and Control and tap on it
- Go into Deactivation and deletion
- Tick Delete account
- Validate by pressing Proceed with account deletion
- Then click again Proceed with account deletion and follow the instructions
Permanently delete your Facebook account from a computer
- Connect to Facebook on your browser
- Click on the arrow at the top right
- Select Settings and Privacy in the drop-down menu
- Then go to Settings
- Meet in Your Facebook information from left column
- Go up to Deactivation and deletion and click on it
- Tick Delete account
- Click on Proceed with account deletion
- Then confirm by letting you guide on the last steps
Undelete Facebook account
To undelete your Facebook account, you must log back into the social network within 30 days of initiating the deletion process.
If you exceed this period, the deletion of your account will be final and irreversible.
How to deactivate your Facebook account
Deactivating your Facebook account allows you to suspend your activity on the social network while continuing to use the Messenger messaging service.
It’s also handy for anyone who wants to test life without Facebook, but isn’t quite sure of their decision yet and therefore wants to preserve a way back.
Deactivate your Facebook account from a smartphone or computer
To deactivate your Facebook account, you must follow the same first six steps as for the deletion described earlier in this article, whether on a smartphone or a computer. However, in step 7, you will have to check Disable Accountthen press Proceed with account deactivation.
You will then only have to finalize the last steps by letting yourself be guided to deactivate your Facebook account.
Reactivate your Facebook account
To undo the deactivation, simply log back into your Facebook account whenever you feel like it. This also works if you log in to another service using your Facebook profile.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.