Just days after announcing it, Telegram is launching its paid subscription offer at 5.49 euros per month. Among other things, it allows you to remove advertisements, send larger files or even subscribe to more channels.
A few days ago, Telegram boss Pavel Durov explained that he wanted to launch a paid subscription to bring benefits to users. Soberly called Telegram Premium, it was launched, but it is currently only available on iOS. Telegram takes the opportunity to announce 700 million active users worldwide.
Telegram launches a paid plan
This is the first time the app has launched a paid subscription. If the features included in this formula can be attractive, they are far from mandatory and some are not available on other instant messaging applications. If you already use Telegram in its free version, you will not miss much to pay 5.49 euros per month.
For now, the update is not available on Android smartphones, but as noted XDA Developers who reports the news, the company tends to release major updates for all platforms in the same day “. We can therefore expect Telegram Premium to arrive on the Play Store very soon. Installing the application via an APK file also does not allow access to Telegram Premium at this time.
What does the premium subscription contain?
It is in particular in the description of the instant messaging application on the AppStore that we learn more about what this Telegram subscription offers:
- You can send files up to 4 GB in size instead of 2 GB
- Improved download speed
- You can subscribe to up to 1000 channels
- Up to 4 accounts can be connected simultaneously on the application
- Organize your exchanges in 20 folders, each containing 200 exchanges
- Pin 10 exchanges to your master list
- Reserve up to 20 public t.me links
- The ability to save 400 GIFs and 10 stickers
- You can have a longer bio and add links to it
- Captions on photos and videos can be longer
- Access to a text transcription button for voice messages
- More emojis to use in message reactions
- Exclusive stickers
- Set a default swap folder or enable tools to archive and hide new swaps automatically
- A badge next to your name
- Profile picture can be a video
- Removal of advertisements
- You can change the app icon of Telegram
An update also for all other Telegram users
Telegram immediately launches an update for users who do not have a paid subscription. There are fixes and optimizations for the speed and reliability of the application, but not only. Invitation links for public groups are no longer required, one can simply request to join a group. Once accepted, we can start discussing. Animated progress bar appeared when sharing large files to Telegram from another app.
We learn that “theCertified groups and channels now also have their badge at the top of the exchange “. Bot descriptions are getting better with the ability to add a photo or video. Also, bots that are in the attachments menu can work in groups and channels. Finally, Telegram is now fully compatible with the ProMotion screens of iPads and iPhones, with fluid animations up to 120 Hz.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You can read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.